RFI

Re: [RFI] Single stage HVAC with ECM

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>, Steve Dyer <w1srd@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Single stage HVAC with ECM
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 05:02:40 +0000 (UTC)
 They are also more expensive and unreliable than PSC motors and probably will
never pay for themselves in energy savings.  But they are designed to federal
energy standards where cost to the consumer is of no consequence.
I recently had one fail in my heat pump.  After some heroic troubleshooting (if
I do say so myself) I found a shorted winding in the motor and was able to pry
the windings apart, clean off the carbon track and dab on some insulation.  I
figured I saved $1K on a new motor and at least $1K in service charges.
Naturally, I used my $2K savings to purchase a $3K radio, a TS-890S.
Wes  N7WS

    On Thursday, January 7, 2021, 5:03:12 PM MST, Steve Dyer via RFI