RFI

Re: [RFI] I could see the arcs with binoculars last night!

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>, Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] I could see the arcs with binoculars last night!
From: AA5CT via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 01:09:40 +0000 (UTC)
Two things, either next time (or even his time if you have an opportunity):

1) Film (video) the pole, while another person uses a flashlight for
illumination on the pole.

2) Enhance the video or picture to show the pole; sometimes there is enough
digital
data to outline pole components if the 'black' level (brightness) is increased.

I use freeware like ImageJ to do this on still pictures:

https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/

Good job on sighting the arc at night too. I've had four different occasions
where
night observation paid off in this manner too.

73

de AA5CT Jim

On Sunday, April 11, 2021, 1:47:57 PM GMT-5, Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>