RFI

[RFI] UV vs IR binoculars for arc's on utility poles

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] UV vs IR binoculars for arc's on utility poles
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 14:03:33 -0500

Does everyone agree with this, that UV vision will work better than IR for possibly seeing tiny arc's on utility poles?

There are a lot of options out there, in a consumer price range, for IR such as the Creative Night Owl binocular/camera for 189 bucks targeted to mainly hunters. But for UV binoculars it seems more limited. There are binoculars that specify UV and not pricey at all but few that have a camera. Don't really need a camera but would be neat for my webpage :-).

My main source is still gone and fairly high confidence that it is repaired. But a much weaker intermittent source remains and at this time think its on the same pole. If I cannot see it also with my current binoculars may consider one of the above.

73

Chuck
AF4O

Update webpage; https://www.qsl.net/af4o/Powerline%20RFI%20QSL.net%20Webpage/Arc%20Webpage.html