RFI

Re: [RFI] UV vs IR binoculars for arc's on utility poles

Subject: Re: [RFI] UV vs IR binoculars for arc's on utility poles
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 17:11:59 -0700
Thinking back to the hydrogen fire cameras that started becoming common on the surplus market in the late 90's, I thought I'd look them up on the evil auction site. With 17,000+ responses, I didn't dig too far, but for the cost of a few coffees at starbucks, IR/UV cameras have flooded the market. I thought the IR only at $299 at Home depot had promise, but both extreme ends of the spectrum, for a week of fancy coffees sounds better for an RFI toy, and unlike the one unit with limited spectrum at a home improvement store, there's nearly unlimited choices.

Kurt