RFI

Re: [RFI] LED lighting fixtures -

To: Gary <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED lighting fixtures -
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 10:37:17 -0400
Hi Gary,

My following comments don't answer Hank's question, but they are related to
your topic of LED tube lights.

I replaced my magnetic ballast driven tubes that hang over my electronics
workbench in the basement with LED tubes that operate directly off of 120
Vac, and now I pick up all kinds of trash on my oscilloscope display when
making low level signal measurements on my testbench, and I now often work
in the dark (:

I also hear the RFI from these tubes when testing antennas (testing small
DF loops, etc.) inside the house in a room on our second floor above the
basement and on the opposite side of the house and I'm at least 40 feet
away from the LED tube lights, and some of the RFI is likely conducted
through the house wiring.

Can't find a manufacturer's name on my LED tube lights, but the model
number is WENT84SUA-18WB-50CF, and I still see them being sold online.

Just FYI, and YMMV.
Don (wd8dsb)