RFI

Re: [RFI] Odd broadcast radio reception.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Odd broadcast radio reception.
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 14:37:00 -0700
On 7/5/2021 11:27 AM, David Eckhardt wrote:
A strong RF source likely sent the front end and maybe even the IF into
saturation to produce a condition where nothing was received.

This mechanism makes great sense to me. BTW -- THIS is my definition of "fundamental overload," and it was rejected by ARRL when I was asked to write a chapter on RFI for the Handbook more than ten years ago. Theirs dates back to the days of analog TV, when it was common for rigs to produce harmonics that caused TVI.

73, Jim K9YC