RFI

Re: [RFI] Line noise vs Frequency

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>, Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Line noise vs Frequency
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 14:39:50 +0000 (UTC)
 I have a nearly identical problem.  Based upon my direction finding, my coop
power company rfi guy (also a Tech ham) has isolated the location to a spot
about .4 mile away but has yet to get it fixed.  With Chinese virus rules in
place he can't visit my shack as he used to do.  Back then he would hook his RX
to my antenna and get a signature.  He also has a much tougher time getting a
line crew out when he can be out.

I might be wrong, but I attribute the frequency response to a couple of things,
mainly antenna related.  I use a small triband (OB7-3 Optiband) that is only
two elements on 20 and 15 but three on 10.  It's at low height (45') so I'm
guessing that the elevation pattern also favors the higher frequency.  (Click
on the thumbnail photo on my QRZ page https://www.qrz.com/db/n7ws )
Wes  N7WS

    On Sunday, August 8, 2021, 5:24:48 AM MST, Pete Smith N4ZR