RFI

Re: [RFI] Line noise vs Frequency

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Line noise vs Frequency
From: Joseph Bouchard <joek1vw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 11:16:32 -0400
Hi,

Here is a thought... because most of us struggle with noise on the low bands we
tend to use chokes which were designed to suppress common mode currents on the
low bands effectively, and if it suppresses less on higher bands that’s OK.  I
use mix31 and I believe that is the case. If a noise is broad banded, it’s
plausible it could let through noise on the higher bands as you describe.  My
suggestion is add chokes at both ends of the coax specifically tuned to reduce
noise on 10-15m, along with good grounding and bonding.  It seems like an easy
first step.

Good luck,
Joe K1VW