RFI

Re: [RFI] FW: Sweden imposes higher levy on electricity bills for EMC |

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] FW: Sweden imposes higher levy on electricity bills for EMC | Southgate Amateur Radio News
From: MICHAEL ST ANGELO <mstangelo@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 11:41:23 -0500 (EST)
Agreed. Keep in mind that Amateur Radio is not was it used to be.  It is not
longer considers an emergency service. Most people are surprised it still
exists or comment the Hams they know are grumpy old men. I am a retired EE
after 40 years. When I started it was considered an asset when pursuing a
technical career. This is not longer the case.

This is a hobby. What is our justification - we need a low noise floor to work
DX or rack up points in a contest?

People and governments will react if it will affect Government, consumer and
commercial services. I feel the best way of expressing our concern is to act as
"the canary in the coalmine" and warn people that they may not be affected now
but will in the future.

Mike N2MS