RFI

[RFI] 6m spur

To: "rfi@contesting com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 6m spur
From: nm8rmedic via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 22:06:43 -0500
For some months I've been experiencing a spurious signal at the bottom end of 6
meters.  It started at 50.060 MHz and has now wandered to 50.130 MHz.  In FM
mode I can recover raspy audio which seems to be a sports channel. It peaks S9
or stronger with my 3 ele yagi.I'm in a rural area, but still the FM dial is
full of stations and one of them (97.5) is very powerful, frequently blowing by
ceramic IF filters in FM radios.  It's an album rock format.  There is no
sports talk FM station in the area.  I engaged our local cable TV tech but he
pointed out all of their plant is now digital.Has anyone on this group
experienced something similar?Is this some kind of an IM spur? Or a baby
monitor? I thought they moved to 2.4 GHz.I would really appreciate it if the
group would brainstorm with me. ScottNM8RSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy
smartphone