RFI

Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel Interference Case

To: "'jim@audiosystemsgroup.com'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel Interference Case
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J via RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 19:31:58 +0000
Absolutely true Jim.  20 years ago our utility kept one technician busy
part-time looking for power line noise complaints.  And 50 years ago, they kept
1 or even 2 or more technicians busy full time tracking power line noise issues
to television, AM radio listeners and hams.  Today we have fewer than 6 to 8
powerline noise complaints per year average.  In 2020 we even had zero
powerline noise complaints throughout our 14 county area and Omaha metro area.

I suspect this is due to (1) shrinking markets in AM radio and OTA television,
(2) Digital television changes so any existing OTA viewers don't even realize
they have powerline noise, and (3) increased noise floor for HF hams hiding the
powerline noise levels reported in the past.

73, de ed -K0iL