RFI

Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel Interference Case

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel Interference Case
From: MICHAEL ST ANGELO <mstangelo@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 15:43:48 -0400 (EDT)
My question is what is the problem in the public's eye?

They only ones affected for the most part are Hams and the FCC no longer
considers Amateur Radio as an Emergency service. Very few people listen to AM
radio these days. Tesla no longer supports the AM band in their cars.

The government will only act if it affects a government, commercial or utility
service.  These services are no longer supported on the LF or HF bands except
as a backup.

There is DSL service in our area which has raised the noise floor but I do see
quiet notches on the HF bands. The DSL provides this probably as a result of
complaints. More likely the providers may feel Amateur Radio operation will
interfere with their service. I do not see notches in the HF Aeronautical,
Maritime or Utility bands.

The way we can effect change is not to claim in affects Amateur Radio service
because the public perceives us as a bunch of grumpy old men (me included) but
to emphasize we are the canary in the coal mine. It will affect the general
public later so work on the issue now.

Mike N2MS