RFI

Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel RFI System

To: Jim McCook <w6ya@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Another Solar Panel RFI System
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 18:38:17 +0000
QUOTE (from Jim, W6YA):  " When trying to get help for the pool pump noise I
                 was told by FCC that "I can still use my radio."   Ask me
why I'm bitter
                 toward FCC.  Complaints have become futile."

I'm with you Jim!  And we have ARRL doing what FCC should be doing.
Members of ARRL are paying out of their pockets twice, once to ARRL, and
again, through our tax monies to the Feds.  But at least ARRL has the
serious ear of FCC.

I've spewed enough venom on the solar issue on this forum, so that's all
the venom for today.

And how does one (FCC, specifically) quantitatively define "harmful
interference" in terms of solid engineering terms?  I don't believe that is
possible and varies on a case-by-case basis as we've experienced from the
solar power industry as a whole (yes, SE seems to be the least
responsive).   In these days of digital everything, field strength is no
longer appropriate to assess interference potential.  Nor is the "QP (quasi
peak) 'averaging'" in an attempt to equivalence field strength to
interference level.  I propose the measurement techniques and the whole
philosophy of assessing "harmful interference" be revamped to accommodate
emissions from all the switchers and digital RF generators in existence
throughout every home in this country.

Only earlier this week, I read where the major consumer vehicle
manufacturers are seriously considering eliminating AM radio from their
vehicles.  Why?  Because the RFI produced by the electronics of electric
vehicles produce too much RFI.   This RFI renders AM reception in the
vehicle impossible.  I read this story on several major news feeds I read
every day online.  So, where is FCC in this respect?  The problem is well
known.  It appears FCC is ignoring this further incursion to our RF space.
There are regulations in place from FCC that specifically apply to
vehicles.  Is this destined to become yet another solar power problem to
which FCC turns their back?

But I promised no more venom.  I'm trying to be polite and state the facts.

(Editoralizing): The handwriting is on the walls, everywhere.  HF is doomed.

Dave - WØLEV

*Dave - WØLEV*