[TenTec] Jupiter 538

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter 538
From: ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 12:52:54 +0000 (GMT)

A further update on the Jupiter, having changed both filters ( FL2 and 3), if you have been following this then you will remember that they had a white fur on the outside, so i ordered replacements, fitted them today, now i have whole ( no intermittently) 12Watts of RF when pressing the tune button, a vast improvement on the intermittent 2.5Watts that i had previously.

So now to take the PA stage off the radio and investigate the reduced power problem, when my new mutt is not so demanding and allows me to go into my shack.

If the RF power fuses (MRF454,s x 2) or the driver trannies ( don't know what they are at the moment, probably be MRFxxx or something) have died then more expense.

As always, advice and suggestions always appreciated

Snowy