TopBand: SSB on TOPBAND

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: SSB on TOPBAND
From: jherman@hawaii.edu (Jeffrey Herman)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 21:15:33 -1000
Why not submit your 160 bandplan directly to the IARU for consideration?
Let the member nations vote on it. The ARRL might not like it but if
it's a good plan, then who cares? Then again, maybe the reason the ARRL
doesn't like your plan is because they think it stinks.

One way to start the ball rolling is to have the list members on here,
being a very good cross-section of 160m devotees, decide upon a plan,
then submit that plan (with our signatures affixed electronically) to the
ARRL and IARU. There's a WRC meeting scheduled for sometime in the near
future and we might possibly get such a plan on the agenda.

At no time in history has there ever been such a large group of 160m
enthusiasts assembled in one place as we have here. This list could
provide a very commanding voice in this issue.

73 from Hawaii,
Jeff KH2PZ / KH6

(Here's my suggestion: 1800-1900kc CW, 1900-1950kc SSB; 1950-2000kc AM)
                                                            =:o