TopBand: Proximity to Trees

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Proximity to Trees
From: danmec@inet.uni-c.dk (MEC)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 11:07:05 +0100 (MET)
I have only an inverted L-antenna per W1BB on 160, and it is slung over a
tree.  The vertical part is about 24 meters, the rest is sloping down on
the other side. The feedpoint is at another tree 8 meters away, so the
vertical part is not quite right angel with ground.  Using 8 elevated radials,
various lengths about 2 meters above ground.None are full 1/4 wave.
It works quite well as some of you guys in USA can testify, but I need
an amplifier !!  Right now I am without one and could not raise XZ1N !!

73 and merry Xmas

Rag   OZ8RO LA5HE JW5HE