TopBand: 160m shunt feeds

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160m shunt feeds
From: grhosler@imation.com (Gary R. Hosler)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 08:44:04 -0500

I'm not very good with pictures in ASCII characters but will try.  The 1-2
turns is located between the shunt wire and ground (where you would attach
the feedline).

|X|-|
|X| |
|X| |
|X| |
|X| |
|X| |
|X| |
|X| |
|X| |
|X| @ < minimum number of coils to achieve dip
|X| |
    ^
 ^  Shunt Wire
Tower

If your GDO doesn't couple properly, try to find someone with a
Measurements model 59 or 159.  An old instrument but still the standard by
which all other GDO's are measured (pun intended).

de Gary  W0AW

k6se@juno.com on 07/29/97 11:35:50 PM