TopBand: Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Beverage
From: k9la@gte.net (Carl and Vicky)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 19:38:07 -0800
Carl KM1H (you certainly have a great first name),

I?m sure a Beverage does have at least 20dB of rejection to horizontal
polarization on the forward vertically polarized lobe.

But I wasn?t talking about that.  I was talking about the horizontally
polarized side lobes that don?t seem to be that far down in amplitude
from the forward lobe - my cursory modeling shows the horizontally
polarized side lobes to be only 10-15dB or so down from the vertically
polarized forward lobe (seems to depend on Beverage length).

Suppose you have two Beverages - one is pointed to the NE and one is
pointed to the SE.  If a signal is coming in from the SE but is
predominantly horizontally polarized, it just may be strongert on the NE
Beverage than on the SE Beverage.

How about some modeling from others on this?  If I?m off base here, let?s
hear about it.  Does anyone have any polarization measurements on
Beverages?

Carl K9LA