TopBand: Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Beverage
From: ni6t@best.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 21:11:03 -0800
Carl:

NM7M has steadfastly maintained that skews, while demonstrable, are
rather small (just a few degrees, far too small to be readily measured
by most of us), but many have noted apparent arrival directions widely
different from great circle bearings. For example, VK0IR was noted on
the west coast as coming in from the west or even more northerly, on
both 80 and 160, although its SP direction was SSW. The sidelobe
response of a Beverage to horizontal polarization may well explain why
received signals here have often appeared to be coming from widely
skewed directions.

Garry, NI6T

--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Visit the Northern California DX Club home page: