TopBand: computer control of Kenwood TS-870s

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: computer control of Kenwood TS-870s
From: midnite2@concentric.net (Robert A. Kile)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:34:14 -0800
Topbanders,

Kenwood has available at their ftp site ftp://ftp.kenwood.net  the RCP570
program which is an update of the 870 control package. Dennis they do work
just fine. Make sure that your serial cable is correct and to a free COM
port with no conflicts. You MUST set the baud rate on each end to the same
value. Try 9600 baud. California Software is not out of business. The
product was paid for and developed with a shareware license.

Bob Kile, KG7D