Topband: Fall/Radio

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fall/Radio
From: michon@eatel.net (Mike Michon)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:20:38 -0700
There was a hint of dryer cooler air.  Was it real or only a fantasy induced
by countless heat and humidity laden days marching one after another in
seemingly endless successsion?

I can't say for sure. The heat has sapped mind, body and spirit.  In the
recesses of the memory, though, dormant synapses fired and there was the
smell of wood smoke and the aroma that only 100 year old wood emits.

Fresh mowed grass, a gentle cool breeeze, and the anticipation of piercing
the ether with long radio waves returns.  The need to handle wire and shoot
sling shots over trees is returning.

Brightly colored balloons swaying in the wind, trips up the hill to hook up
the feed line through the thorn trees, and a sweat dripping in my eyes from
a summer day that has somehow lost itself in the fall.

I am ready for cool weather and low band operation.  Still hot as hell in
south Louisiana, though.

Mike Michon
AB5XP