Topband: modeling question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: modeling question
From: 4x4nj@iname.com (R. Kline)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:17:37 +0100
OK Mauri, thanks.  I think there is a misunderstanding about terminology.  I
was referring to a choke balun made by using ferrite or powdered iron cores
slipped over the outside of the coax.  I have one such balun on my 20M Yagi,
and it measures approximately 1000 Ohms Impedance at 1.8 MHz.  So, yes,
obviously, if one is talking about a simple winding of coax on an air core,
that would surely be low impedance at 1.8MHz (assuming it was a resonant
choke at 14 MHz), and even 1000 Ohms could be insufficient at a high voltage
point.
73,
Riki, 4X4NJ