Topband: shunt feed help needed

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: shunt feed help needed
From: gmguerin@voyager.net (George & Marijke Guerin)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 01:07:26 -0400
Gentlemen:

With normal  "fat wire or tubing" the inductance of the gamma rod or wire is
just under one microhenry per meter of length.   So, if you get a spot where
the feed point has 50 + 0j ohms at the bottom of the rod, it is actually a
point with some capacitive reactance plus the length of the gamma rod tuning
it out.  That might be good for a slightly short top loaded tower or
vertical.

73        George        K8GG