Topband: JT Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JT Report
From: jt1co@mongol.net (JT1CO)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 02:44:43 +0000
  Just a couple of random items before another day of antenna work.
  We had a great opening to Europe this morning.  Signals were loud and
plentiful.  That coming on the heels of an opening to W6/W7, left me hopeful
for something to the East/Midwest US.  It didn't happen though.
   I appreciate the patience of those in Europe when we listen for the US at
their sunset.  I know it's frustrating but I don't want to miss whatever
small opening we might have if it does in fact happen.  Several individuals
(OZ3PZ, DL1YD, & DL8LAS) nevertheless continued to call for well over 30
minutes despite our requests for US/NA.  The DL8 in a final act of defiance
started CQ on 1821. I'll try to take a break or two and pick up what I can
if nothing is heard from NA.
   It's a real balancing act between those that want JT on 80 & 160.  I'm
going to talk with JT1CO today about splitting the operating time.  That way
I can catch a nap or two and hopefully we'll be able to spend more total
time on the air.
   Hang in there guys and gals.  I'll keep plugging away as long as I'm here
and Chak, JT1CO is here for the duration if I don't catch you.

73
Ken