Topband: XR0X on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: XR0X on 160
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:37:45 -0500
At 02:26 PM 3/20/02 +0000, Mike wrote:
>Hi Brad,
>
>If you haven't done so already, you might try one
>of the MFJ or Timewave noise cancellors as a stop
>gap until you get the problem fixed with the power
>company. If you have a single noise source, these
>units can be extremely effective.

In my limited experience, these work great if it really is a discrete
source, like the infamous thermostatically-controlled dog dish.  They tend
not to be much help if the noisemaker is up on a pole connected to long
runs of powerline in one or both directions, because the whole thing
radiates and the phase coherence (is that the right term?) is lost.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org