Topband: XR0X on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: XR0X on 160
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:26:46 +0000
Hi Brad,

If you haven't done so already, you might try one
of the MFJ or Timewave noise cancellors as a stop
gap until you get the problem fixed with the power
company. If you have a single noise source, these
units can be extremely effective. Also, not all noise
blankers are created equal. For some reason the
blanker in my Ten-Tec Paragon seems to be much
more effective than the blankers on some of the
other Kenwood rigs I use at the local club stations
I frequent. Of course, the blanker is only effective
when there are not a lot of loud stations transmitting
close to the DX stations frequency. With lots of
strong adjacent signals, the blanker produces all
sorts of cross modulation products and becomes
essentially useless.

73 de Mike, W4EF....................