Topband: Switching In Extra Antenna Length

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Switching In Extra Antenna Length
From: Thomas Giella, KN4LF" <kn4lf@arrl.net (Thomas Giella, KN4LF)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:48:47 -0400
Steve VK6VZ Said:
.....Simply connect a 160m quarter wave inverted-L made of wire in parallel
with
your 80m vertical, taking care to space the vertical sections of each
antenna about one foot apart for minimum interaction.....

Thomas KN4LF Says:
Joe KK4TR and I use this technique and it's been very successful as an
alternative for mechanical relay etc. switching. No matter how well
engineered our manual switching arrangement was, it would eventually go up
in smoke.

73,
Thomas Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL

KN4LF 160 Meter Amateur Radio Resources:
http://www.kn4lf.com

---