Topband: ARRL 160 contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ARRL 160 contest
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:02:04 -0500
>From: Craig Clark <jcclark@prexar.com>
>
>For all intents, the ARRL 160 test is a 160 domestic sweepstakes.

Much of the enjoyment of this contest for me is the challenge of working dx.
  The more dx I can work, the more competitive I can be with stations more
centrally located in the US who are going to make significantly more qso's.
Depending on propagation, the competitive balance can swing either way.

So I'm not sure I agree with the statement that this is "domestic
sweepstakes."

73,
Barry N1EU