Topband: T loaded vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: T loaded vertical
From: "rmf01" <rmf01@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:01:01 -0400
Hello everyone,

    I'm new to topband. Recently got on with a coaxial L at 55 feet and I'm
sure that it's no surprise to all that the performance is mediocre, although I
have worked 23 countries.

    Thinking about erecting in it's place a T loaded vertical and wonder if you
have any suggestions on calculating the dimensions of the T if used with a 55
foot or hopefully a 60 foot radiator. The T would have to be partially strung
through tree branches. Is a single wire radiator sufficient?

  Finally, any suggestions on a matching? If it comes out at ~20 ohms can I
direct feed with the RG213 that is in place and use the tuner in the shack or
is it best to construct an L/C circuit at the base?

                    Tnx,

                               Rich  W1TSP