Topband: 160m twds western US

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m twds western US
From: df2py@t-online.de (Dr .Wolf Ostwald)
Date: 30 Dec 2003 18:31 GMT
Hello reflectees !
This morning we had the first decent signal levels from the far west since the
memorable opening on Dec 12th.
K0RF sent a solid 579 sig into EU, followed by a few midwest stations,which
were rather weak considered their geographical advantage. Then N7JW ran a huge
EU-pile,he sure was about 5 S units better than the previous day,which explains
the many "customers" he had 2day.
Then W6RJ made an appearance from CA -BIG surprise !
Finally the path was open from the southern end of the rockies in NM ( N7KA )
up to the northern end in Alberta ( VE6WZ ) . I guess a many folks missed this
event due to holidays.Summary is, that the eastcoast was underrepresented and
that the dominant signal path seemed to be crossing Hudson Bay over the
continent into the Pacific. Lets hope to get some more good dx for the change
of the year ! hny 2k4 to everyone on "The" band !
de wolf   df2py