RE: Topband: 160m twds western US

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: 160m twds western US
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:42:33 +0100
Hello reflectees !
This morning we had the first decent signal levels from the far west since
the memorable opening on Dec 12th.
K0RF sent a solid 579 sig into EU, followed by a few midwest stations,which
were rather weak considered their geographical advantage. Then N7JW ran a
huge EU-pile,he sure was about 5 S units better than the previous day,which
explains the many "customers" he had 2day.
Then W6RJ made an appearance from CA -BIG surprise !
Finally the path was open from the southern end of the rockies in NM (
N7KA ) up to the northern end in Alberta ( VE6WZ ) . I guess a many folks
missed this event due to holidays.Summary is, that the eastcoast was
underrepresented and that the dominant signal path seemed to be crossing
Hudson Bay over the continent into the Pacific. Lets hope to get some more
good dx for the change of the year ! hny 2k4 to everyone on "The" band !
de wolf   df2py
-----------------------------------

I decided to sleep late this morning, it was obviously not a good decision !
At least the good conds seemed to last untill the evening as I worked UN7AM
for a new one with 599 + signal.

I spoke with Saty 9M6NA on 80 but he said he heard no EUs on 160 tonight.
He will be on for EU 31th  21 UTC on 1831.  I will be at a new years eve
party so no chance for me
but good luck to those who stay at home !

73  HNY

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

My photo website:

http://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.
For more information about Telemark take a look at :

www.visitTelemark.no     for more details.