Topband: First JA QSO's

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: First JA QSO's
From: Stephen Reichlyn <Stephen.Reichlyn@ryansci.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:00:00 -0500
My first JA QSO was on January 23, 1981 with Kinji, JA2GQO. I was living in Columbia, SC at the time
and I believe that I was using an 80 foot shunt-fed tower on a city lot and a Drake C line. It was one of those times
that my wonderful and long suffering wife was awakened from a deep sleep by the cheering coming from the shack.

When I received the confirmation, Kinji wrote that our contact was the first JA/South Carolina
contact on top band (he might have meant 'his first contact)....in any event, what a thrill.

73,
Steve AA4V