Topband: Omni 6 Plus

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Omni 6 Plus
From: Martin <dl1iaq@gdxf.de>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:45:35 +0100
Hello topbanders,
i am very surprised to read that obviously nobody uses that "cheap
clean radio" on topband. I use a TS-850 for over 10 Years now and
wouldnŽt want to give it away. I never had complaints about clicks on any
band. IŽam not a big gun, (a little pistol, that is), so you all donŽt
know me.
But listening on topband with this radio is a pleasure.
There are two things that nag me:
 1. the noise-blanker is no good (there is a fix at www.mods.dk).
 2. the receiver hisses when no sig present, but that is
 something you only know if you have ever listened to a K2 with the
 KAF2 installed or radios that have DSP.

 I am looking for a fix for that hiss.

Has somebody ever compared the TS-850-RX to other radios on 160?

Rig: TS-850S, 400hz-Inrad-Filters in both IFs
Ant: Inv-Vee Trap-Dipole (length 66m) for 160/80m, up 17m@feedpiont, sloping
down to
8m.

73, Martin