Topband: Receivers, Noise Blankers and Key Clicks

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Receivers, Noise Blankers and Key Clicks
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 06:45:50 -0500
GM3POI wrote:
>Can any one offer a reason why we get the following differences between the
MK5 and the Field:

Clive, I would also add the original MP to your query:

Radio IMD BDR

FT-1000MP*                   78*               108
FT-1000MkV                   69                100
FT-1000Field                 60                 88

*FT-1000MP IMD at 2 kHz and BDR at ~500 Hz per KC1SX.

This has always puzzled me since they have similar designs.

73, Bill W4ZV

P.S. Copying Mike KC1SX at ARRL who may have an opinion.