Re: Topband: eliminating radio hum/hiss

To: Martin <dl1iaq@gdxf.de>,topband reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: eliminating radio hum/hiss
From: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 05:05:11 -0800 (PST)
I have used an external, passive audio filter (from a
W3NQN QST article) for years on various radios and now
on my 850. It uses a bandpass audio filter to roll off
low frequencies below 300hz (eliminates hum) and above
2500hz (eliminates hiss). I've used them for years and
wouldn't be without them. I have 3-4 of them, one on
each of the different radios. I can post the magazine
issues that contain the information if there is any
interest (I can go through my files tonight).

73, Stew K3ND