RE: Topband: two wires Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: two wires Beverage
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:57:55 +0200
>The similar line used in French Army has Jacques F6BKI and in
> both cases the impedance was about 150 ohm.

When you're thinking about the impedance, remember that this is the
impedance of that line when used as a twisted pair transmission line. That
will NOT be the impedance of a Beverage antenna that you build using
that wire -- in fact, the impedance of the Beverage will likely be pretty
close
to what it would have been if you had used a single conductor of the same
electrical size (that is, something on the order of 400-600 ohms,
depending on how you rig it with respect to earth). The beauty of using the
wire you suggest is that it has robust construction.

AND IT IS CHEAP !!!!!

I BOUGHT A 2 KM LENGTH AT FR.HAFEN FOR  30 EURO !!!

73  RAG LA5HE