Re: Topband: two wires Beverage

To: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>,"'Jacques RAMBAUD'" <f6bki@wanadoo.fr>,"'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: two wires Beverage
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:51:16 -0400

> Other than the possible impedance change with weather that
W8JI
> warns about, you should not have any problem using the 150
Ohm
> line for a reversible beverage as long as you adjust the
> transformers for the new impedance ratios.

I might worry a little about loss when dry also. I'm not
sure how this line behaves as a transmission line at radio
frequencies.

Maybe someone has measured some? I know rubber telephone
parallel wire is pretty bad at radio frequencies. One line I
measured was about 3dB per 100ft at 3.5Mhz. That may have
been an exceptionally lossy line, or it may have been better
than normal.