Re: Topband: What do you use as a "Run" antenna?

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: What do you use as a "Run" antenna?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:39:33 -0800
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 06:46:23 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:

>That is what makes it easy in late daylight to hear distant
>stations out of a dark area while they can't hear you.

Your explanation is solid on all counts, and I'm sure you're right
as far as that goes.

BUT:

What I'm talking about is different -- the propagation is there,
west coast signals ARE above the noise and workable, IF the east
coast (or midwest) stations are listening west rather than putting
us in the null of their receive antennas. I've had this experience
enough times to know it's true -- I call a station repeatedly
without success, but eventually propagation builds enough that he
hears me off the back, then switches to my direction and tells me
I'm booming in.

73,

Jim K9YC