Re: Topband: Vee Beams

To: cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Vee Beams
From: Gedking@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:01:15 EST
forget Eznec and get an old Radio Amateur  handbook from  the  60's to
eighty's  and you can find all you need to know  about Long wire, VEE Beams and
Rhombic antennas
It will tell you the gain and tilt angle for the above antennas.  A one wave
length long wire has a four leaf clover
Pattern. a Vee beam will be directional front and back and a Rhombic will
also front to back If not terminated
If terminated it will be directional in one direction. The more wavelengths
each side is the tilt angle gets
closer on the ends and the more gain it has. Having said all that  it is
mostly useful for point to point
communications.
you need at least 2 wave lengths to see any gain, so for 160 mtrs you would
need a lot of real estate.
I'll look and see if I have any old manuals left.I give lost of them away
when I was teaching Novices
When ever the ARRL adds to the Hand Book they Delete something, so a lot of
good stuff is not there anymore.