Re: Topband: Tuner ??? on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Tuner ??? on 160
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:37:24 -0500
LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad wrote: "THat problem seems to be quite common with
most socalled  KW-tuners.
The only one I have had that worked witout problems was the Ameritron ATR-30
and a home-made tuner
with heavy coil and vaccum capacitor !"

Without knowing, or needing to know, any of the technical details, I can
attest that my XMatch has had absolutely none of problems, previously
described. I'm using a sloper, approximately 120' long, mounted
approximately 45' on the tower, and, using my XMatch I can cover the entire
160 meter band, and run legal limit power.
http://n4xm.myiglou.com/

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW