Topband: First Europeans heard yesterday evening

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: First Europeans heard yesterday evening
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:28:52 -0500
I thought people might be interested in the first Europeans and Atlantic
island stations heard here yesterday evening in the half-hour before 2200,
in full sunlight.  I was using an SDR-IQ RX and CW Skimmer, covering the
entire band up to 1870, with a makeshift omni-directional antenna
(actually, my tribander stack, which worked better than my shunt fed tower
for receiving this weekend).  Conditions must have been fantastic indeed.

Here's the list, in chron order, with their frequency, signal-to-noise
ratios and time first heard.  Those marked CQ or DE were determined by the
software to be running or S&P.  Blank ones could not be assigned for sure
to either category.

1827.6 TM6M 25 dB 31 WPM CQ 2118Z
1816.5 EA8AH 17 dB 32 WPM   2125Z
1830.2 CU2X 6 dB 32 WPM CQ 2130Z
1813.7 CT9M 4 dB 30 WPM CQ 2132Z
1832.7 GM3POI 2 dB 28 WPM   2141Z
1864.4 LN3Z 1 dB 28 WPM   2142Z
1813.2 ES9C 6 dB 30 WPM   2144Z
1834.6 UA6LV 1 dB 28 WPM CQ 2150Z
1826.9 RK3AWK 5 dB 32 WPM CQ 2154Z

I verified each of these by listening to the recording after the contest.

73, Pete N4ZR
the World Contest Station Database is back, and updated daily
www.conteststations.com