Re: Topband: Common mode chokes

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Common mode chokes
From: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 19:24:26 -0600
Very good. Another experiment would be to ground the coax shield 20' from
the antenna as you did but with no ferrite beads. I suspect you will see
similar results.

Yes you have a 108' dipole comprised of an 8' whip and 100' of coax shield.
The 8' whip presents an impedance of 3000 ohms and it would take many, many
beads build a balun having an impedance much greater than this.

     Dave  WX7G