Re: Topband: Common mode chokes

To: "n4zr@contesting.com" <n4zr@contesting.com>, "Pete Smith" <n4zr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Common mode chokes
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 17:08:59 -0700
On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 17:17:47 -0400, Pete Smith wrote:

>Many coffee manufacturers now make big plastic enclosures that are about
>9 inches on a side.  I've often thought that you could neatly mount
>almost any small network in one of them, so lonmg as the lid was down.

Yes, BUT -- when I mentioned an idea similar to that as the solution to
mounting a matching network outdoors, my neighbor reminded me the UV from
Old Sol attacks most plastic materials and turns them to little bits of
cracked plastic. So the trick is finding a UV-resistant enclosure in the
shape you suggest.

73,

Jim K9YC