Re: Topband: Common mode chokes

To: n4zr@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Common mode chokes
From: doktorij@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 15:55:15 +0000
Hi Pete,

Try a large Folger's or similar plastic coffee can to house the device Jim
mentioned. You can seal it pretty easy and it will do a good job of protecting
the balun. You may even be able to get away with the little can with RG-59...

Like the wiki page and look forward to more info in the future.

73,
Julius
n2wn

"The reason I used beads (aside from having ON4UN's design to go by)
was that I had a piece of RG-59 and 100 #73 beads, and I figured it
would be a lot easier to use the beads and wrap them in tape than to
figure out how to weatherproof two cores and a bunch of windings."