Re: Topband: noise floor

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: noise floor
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 05:47:54 +1300
Hi Pete,

I am also using PowerSDR on Topband, although mine is with HPSDR
hardware.  The noise level I see on a full sized transmit antenna in a
500 Hz bandwidth, is -97 dBm, or about S5.  This basic noise floor
doesn't change much from day to night, unless there is thunder storm
activity around, in which case it increases at night.

73, Greg, ZL3IX