Topband: 160M LDE

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160M LDE
From: <dbevan@datacheck.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 22:55:16 -0800
Aki,

I just got this e-mail from Fred, AD6C that experienced a
long delay echo on 160M. This may be an explanation to
your experience. In his case he came across the echo a
week later. His wife was playing a video tape that had
been recorded while he was on the air. Attached are his
comments.

Darrell N6DX

"JA5DQH has a new post on the TOPBAND reflector about a
LDE of his transmission on 160. Roughly 1 day - I think.
He did a beverage direction test and only heard his CQ
listening towards NA.

I'd guess this is yet another example of my encounter with
an "LDE" many years ago.

There was nothing to be heard of the QSO on the TV
recording replay itself - but I received the "delayed
transmission" on my vertical. And after I realized what
was happening, I asked Anne to replay the VCR recording
and - sure enough - there I was on my 930 sending ZS5LB
his 579 yet again.

I would bet something similar happened to Aki.

SInce I'm not a topband member, feel free to point this
possibility out - maybe from a neighbor's recorder - if
you like. I have evidence of
getting into neighbors VCRs as far as 2 blocks away when I
was active from home."

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK