Re: Topband: Shunt Fed Tower-Need Parts

To: Marc Wullaert ON4MA <marc.wullaert3@telenet.be>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt Fed Tower-Need Parts
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 14:35:04 -0400
I own a C31XR and for use on a tower that is used for a 160 vertical, just
remove the insulation on the twenty meter reflector and director.  There is
no change in performance in the XR.  I have never seen any benefit to the
insulators other that for driven elements.

Since the tips of the 20 meter reflector and director are the longest
possible distances from the mast, this will protect all the others from a
similar fate.  It will probably also change the settings for what ever you
use to match the tower, as you will now have something like 15 or 16 feet
more to the "tip" on 160.  It most likely will be a very mild improvement on
160.

73, Guy.