Topband: Calculating top loading wire lengths?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Calculating top loading wire lengths?
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:57:46 -0400
(gotta love that ice/wind/freezing rain and snow we get here....the News
described todays weather as a "weather bomb")

SOmewhere I had stashed the formula away for safekeeping, but seems I kept
it too safe....even from myself

Anyways, I am contemplating temporarily graphting some pipe together and I
think I can get close to 63½' tall(about 1/2 size vert), so what lengths do
I use for the 3 top loading wires? They'll likely have to come down at close
to 45º angle unfortunately unless I can get creative with far far away
endpoints.

 I have a large Air-Variable Cap I can use to base match, so if I am a wee
bit long, that's fine.  I may even add a small DC motor to it so I can move
around the band a little bit.

Already have lots of buried radials.

Hope to see you all in the STEW and CQ160....

Thanks in advance !

Mike VE9AA
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK