Topband: Antenna wire frost/ice prevention?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antenna wire frost/ice prevention?
From: "G4GED Dave" <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 14:54:18 -0000
Hi,
Due to our current spell of freezing weather. My Inverted L's top-loading
wire (only 1mm diam) and supportive halyards (fishing line) are currently
all frosted up and the weight is putting a lot of strain on them and the
mast.

Does anyone have any tricks for preventing or at least reducing this
problem?

I'm wondering if smearing them with grease or engine oil might restrict the
frost and ice from getting a grip?

As the mast is a pain to lower and re-raise, I don't want to bother unless I
can be sure it's going to be worth the effort!.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
73 Dave

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK