Re: Topband: Web SDR's and 'Cheating'

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Web SDR's and 'Cheating'
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:13:02 -0400
On 2/11/2011 7:55 PM, ZR wrote:
> So does that mean the guy in his Brooklyn hi rise without any gear can
> operate X number of stations in the US in say the 160M contest and likely
> win?
But 4U1UN can't move more than a few hundred feet in any
direction...wow!  Still an operation in the 160 meter ARRL contest from
there could beat every other DX entry with ease.  I guess some contest
rules are just not suppose to consider all these issues.  That is why
the rules for the TBDC are spot on as the determination is made based on
distance by grid square calculations.

Herb, KV4FZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK